We are currently looking to add to our maintenance team in Wellsville, NY and are in search of a full-time, property maintenance technician to assist in maintaining five senior and multi family housing properties.
The Maintenance Technician role is to help with the upkeep of our multi-family rental properties. In this role, you coordinate both repair and preventative maintenance, so you should have skills and experience in a variety of disciplines, from drywall hanging to carpentry to painting. You may also deal with plumbing or electricity issues, so a license in either of these fields is beneficial to have. Some HVAC and appliance repairs may be needed as well for non-warranty-related work. The maintenance technician's responsibilities include cleaning communal areas, and performing ad hoc painting, electrical, and carpentry duties. You should also resolve tenants' maintenance-related queries and complaints as they arise.
To be successful as an apartment maintenance technician, you should demonstrate an organized, thorough approach to your duties. Ultimately, an outstanding apartment maintenance technician will remain abreast of technological advances that could facilitate their functions in this role.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Respond to maintenance requests
· Conduct regular inspections following HUD & RD regulations and safety issues
· Prepare apartments for move in of new residents and fix aesthetic damage and clean after tenants move out
· Contact third-party technicians when necessary
· Document all repairs made on our properties
· Repair and paint ceilings, walls, and trim.
· Wash windows, siding and rugs as needed.
· Clean, inspect and install appliances.
· Prioritize and respond to work orders called in or files by residents.
· Repair electrical, plumping, toilets, windows, screens, doors, drywall, and appliances.
· Flush, repair and replace hot water tanks.
· Clean main lobby and laundry room daily and clean entrance halls weekly.
· Vacuum and or mop hallways, entrances, office and common areas several times weekly and as needed.
· Pick up trash inside and outside and put out trash and recycle bins.
· Perform seasonal maintenance including mowing lawns, trimming, planting, snow and ice removal, care of playground and pool (if applicable).
· HVAC, OSHA, or equivalent relevant certifications will be advantageous.
· Comfortable operating a variety of tools and equipment including equipment including lawnmower, trimmer, vacuum cleaner, hand tools, power tools, snow blower, telephone, photocopier and fax machine.
· General maintenance or cleaning tasks as assigned.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Prior experience as an apartment maintenance technician or in a similar role.
· Ability to stand for extended periods.
· Ability to lift to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Dexterity and attention to detail.
· Valid NY State drives license free of any major infractions at time of hire and throughout employment.
· Must own or have regular reliable access to a vehicle.
· Ability to work overtime and irregular hours as required.
· Required to carry off hours cell phone and answer emergency calls. (How often is based on site and regional needs.)
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.